Shop Steward Training
Please note that “Changing your Workplace, Changing your World” and “Representation and Leadership in Hard Times” are prerequisites for this course.
Learn the principles of trade unionism and union thinking. Know how to represent yourself and your co-workers with management. This course teaches:
- The grievance procedure
- note-taking, and
- an introduction to contract language.
- Facing management.
- Issues with bullying and violence in the workplace.
- Union myths and common likes and dislikes of the union.
- The roles and responsibilities of your union and being a Steward with UFCW Local 401.
- Collective bargaining.
- Basic health and safety training.
If you are interested in becoming a Shop Steward, please fill in the form below.