ABCRC Vote: New Offer and Voting Info
We hope you had a terrific holiday season!
As a follow-up to our last email dated December 21st, 2023, we have attached the company’s offer for a new contract for your consideration. HERE
This contract offer requires your careful review before the upcoming voting sessions. The new contract offer includes several significant improvements that benefit all members. Here are some key highlights:
- Dignity and Respect: The language around dignity and respect has been improved, along with better administration of union dues.
- Hours of Work: Implement a trial period for new weekly hours.
- Guaranteed Daily Hours: Enhanced guarantee of daily hours in the event of a reduction or cancellation of your shift.
- Rest Periods: Improved language to ensure adequate rest periods.
- Vacation Time: There is a shorter qualification period for three weeks of vacation.
- Job Rotation: Better rotation of job duties.
- Layoff and Seniority: Enhanced layoff language and stronger retention of seniority rights.
- Boot Allowance: An increase in the boot allowance provided.
- Paid Time Off: Transition from sick time to personal time, with increased earned time off.
- Education and Training: Additional investment in our education and training fund.
- Contract Term: A four-year term for the contract, with three years moving forward.
- Wage Increase: A 12% rate increase over the contract term, with a 7% increase retroactive upon ratification.
- Long-Term Premium: A $0.25 yearly increase for employees with 10+ years of seniority.
- Improved contributions to the Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- Joint Labour Management (JLM): A commitment to address pertinent issues at the JLM meetings in 2024.
Please take the time to go through these proposed changes in detail to make an informed decision.
Your participation in this vote is crucial. The decisions we make as a collective will shape our working conditions for the next several years. Let’s make our voices heard and vote for what we believe is in the best interest of our workforce.
Edmonton Workplace Conference Room: January 10th, from 1 PM to 4 PM
Calgary Workplace Conference Room: January 11th, from 1 PM to 4 PM
If you have questions, contact the union office at 1-800-252-7975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Together, we are stronger.
Brett Guider – Calgary
Joseph Harder – Edmonton
Kevin Braun – Relief Union Labour Relations Officer
Sandy Harmeson – Union Labour Relations Officer
Lee Clarke – Negotiator
For a printable version of this document, click here.
Posted on: January 05,2024