You have voted! We are thrilled to report that UFCW 401 members at ASP have accepted a new Collective Agreement on May 5th by a margin of 94%.
Your Union Representative, Jeff Ible, will contact the employer to ensure that you receive your retroactive pay on wage increases going back to January 1, 2023, as soon as possible. Please be patient as this may take a couple of pay cycles.
The new union contract is a great achievement for the membership and your Union Bargaining Committee deserves a lot of credit for getting the best deal possible for everyone.
4-year term with immediate wage increases for top-rate employees (3 years’ service and above) as follows:
• Access Control, Airside Access, and Break Relief $2.04/hour
• Terminal Patrol and Mobile Patrol, Curbside (new classification) $1.80/hour
• SOCC $2.65/hour
Total yearly wage increases for over 4 years for top-rate employees as follows:
• Access Control, Airside Access, and Break Relief $4.06/hour
• Terminal Patrol and Curbside $3.93/hour
• Mobile Patrol $4.03/hour
• SOCC $4.98/hour
Significant wage increases at all other levels in the progression:
• Employees at the start rate (up to 3 months) will receive $1.25/hour (Access Control, Airside Access, and Break Relief); or $0.75/hour (Mobile Patrol); $0.25/hour (Terminal Patrol, SOCC, and Curbside)
• Employees with more than 3 months, but less than 12 months of service will receive $1.00/hour (Access Control, Airside Access, Mobile Patrol, and Break Relief); $0.50/hour (Terminal Patrol and Curbside); or $1.25/hour (SOCC)
• Employees with more than 12 months, but less than 3 years of service receive $1.78/hour or $1.51/hour (Access Control, Airside Access, and Break Relief); $1.37/hour or $1.08/hour (Terminal Patrol, Mobile Patrol, and Curbside); $1.23/hour or $0.94/hour (SOCC)
• Full retroactive pay on all hours worked back to January 1, 2023
• NEW: vision coverage of $250 per 24 months
• NEW: shoe allowance $200 or $100 per 24 months, depending on classification and/or full-time/casual status
• Increase to the dental benefits, from $1000 to $1500 every 12 months
• NEW: employer contributes $1000 per year to your union’s Education and Training Fund
• NEW: employer pays for any errors regarding the deduction of union dues
In addition, we achieved the following non-monetary improvements:
• Streamlined grievance procedure
• Protections for full-time hours of work
• Seniority provisions related to job assignments, promotions, and vacancies
• Improved vacation language
Your union committee is proud to have been able to push hard to ensure that you get fair, retroactive raises immediately, along with significant wages increases in each of the following three years of the Agreement.
If you have any questions, please contact your Union Labour Relations Officer, Jeff Ible, directly at: 587-583-1501, or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Union Bargaining Committee:
Posted on: May 08,2023